Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sweet Blog

I'm stealing this blog entry from CF Peachtree. It's a nice little summation of why we do what we do....

Do you have it? Can you turn it on? Can you turn it on at a seconds notice? Can you turn it on when life is throwing you curve balls, when work sucks, when your relationships are crumbling, when the world is caving in?

Do you have it when it matters?

A CrossFit WOD at our gym is a microcosm of your life. I can watch one workout and I will know everything about you.

I will know if you cheat under pressure, if you short reps or range of motion. I’ll know if you can push hard or if you quit when things get brutal. I can see if you blame others or take responsibility for your life. If you are honest with yourself you will see the truth too. I will be able to see your mental strength, your heart, and your commitment to yourself.

This can be a tremendous gift to those who are willing to look. Otherwise, it’s just painful and get’s repressed.

CrossFit teaches you how to hone your mind. It gives you the chance, again and again to come face to face with yourself. It allows you to harden your mind and your focus. Over time, 3…2…1…GO can be used as a trigger. A way to focus the mind regardless of what else is going on. Eventually you won’t even need a trigger. It will be you, you who control when it’s ON and when it’s OFF, you who control your focus, passion, and mental fortitude.

It’s just up to you. It always has been.

3 comments:

  1. What's the point in cheating? You are cheating no one but yourself... :-D

    Pavan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a very interesting entry.

    I can’t help but think that on days that the WOD is super hard or long I have two little angels appear on my shoulders. The small fallen angel typically appears right about the time my body starts to scream for mercy. My mind struggles with the temptations of acquiescing to the demands of the fallen angel and letting my weak body rest or to be forgiven a few reps. Each moment I think of taking it easy or cutting corners I am saved by the good angel whispering in my ear. The little voice in my head keeps me honest, keeps me step ahead of my weakness, and keeps me motivated to succeed.

    A sound body only comes as a result of the achievements earned through a sound mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I got through today's WOD...it was long ass 47min 27 secs, but I fought through it... :-D

    ReplyDelete